Contact Our Specialists


International Driving Permit

When you're renting or leasing a car in Europe, an international driving permit (IDP) is recommended. In some countries it is mandatory.

An IDP is a special licence for tourists as proof that you hold a current driver's licence in your home country. It allows you to drive in the specified country without further tests or applications, providing your home country driver's licence is valid.

For the current list of countries which require an International Driving Permit, visit the Australian Automobile Association website for up to date information.

To obtain an International Driving Permit, please contact the relevant International Driving Permit authority in your state. Be sure to allow enough time for the permit to be delivered prior to your departure.

NRMA Logo NEW SOUTH WALES / ACT: NRMA (National Roads and Motorists' Association)
RACQ Logo QUEENSLAND: RACQ Ltd. (Royal Automobile Club of Queensland Limited)
RACV Logo VICTORIA: RACV (Royal Automobile Club of Victoria)
RAA Logo SOUTH AUSTRALIA: RAA (Royal Automobile Association of South Australia, Inc.)
RAC Logo WESTERN AUSTRALIA: RAC (Royal Automobile Club of Western Australia, Inc.)
RACT Logo TASMANIA: RACT (Royal Automobile Club of Tasmania Limited)
NTAA Logo NORTHERN TERRITORY: AANT (Automobile Association of Northern Territory, Inc.)