Things to consider before booking...
Our rates are only snapshots for reservations made on a particular day and may change, subject to availability, level of bookings and other factors. Please ensure you have functioning anti-virus software for online shopping. Also, note that our site is spyware, advertisement and virus free.
1/ Can I book without a credit card?
Yes. You can make a booking without a credit card.
Please note, that even if you choose to pay by debit card, you will have to provide a valid credit card in the driver’s name at the time of pick-up.
This is because the rental agent requires a credit card from which to take the rental deposit.
Credit cards accepted for pick-up are MasterCard, Visa, and, in some cases, American Express.
2/ Can I change my booking when it is confirmed?
Yes, you can easily change your booking details. Simply visit the Amend/Update Booking section of our online portal.
Please note that amendments can take up to 48 hours to be processed, depending on the nature of the amendment.
In some cases we might need to get in touch with you regarding your request, so please include a valid email address or phone number with your booking.
We do not charge an administration fee for changing or amending bookings, but, depending on the nature of the changes you want to make, additional cost might occur.
For example, in cases where the date needs to be changed, we cannot guarantee the same price as originally quoted.
3/ Can I rent a car if I’m under 25 or over 75?
4/ Can I rent a car with a provisional driving licence?
5/ I haven’t received my booking confirmation – what should I do?
6/ Why do I need to enter my flight details?
7/ Can I place more than one booking at a time?
Unfortunately, you cannot book two cars in the same booking process, as each vehicle booked has its own reference number and rental agreements. Please note that if you have booked several vehicles on the same date with a single car hire company, bookings must be made under different driver’s names. As long as you book each vehicle separately, however, you can book as many rentals at a time as you want. For more information, please contact us with your specific query.
8/ What Optional Extras are available?
The availability of optional extras depends on the car rental agent and even if they are booked online they are not guaranteed.
The following extras can be booked online:
- Booster seat / Child toddler seat / Infant child seat
- GPS – Satellite Navigational System
- Ski Rack
- Snow Chain Set
- Snow Tyres
Please note that most of the optional extras are NOT included in the rental price.
Most optional extras can be requested at the time of booking and paid for at the rental desk.
The cost of the optional extras is displayed at the time of booking in the Rental Conditions.
9/ Where can I reserve an optional extra?
Some optional extras can be purchased online at the time of booking and some can only be purchased at the rental desk. To guarantee availability, always purchase the desired optional extra online where possible.
10/ When will I have to pay for the rental?
Full payment is required at the time of booking.
11/ How much will I need to pay for fuel?
The fuel policy is determined by the car rental agent and in most cases is also dependent on the rental duration.
There are different types of fuel policies and we will clearly state which one applies at the time of booking.
The most common fuel policies are:
- Pick up full, return empty – Your vehicle will be supplied with a full tank of fuel and can be returned empty. On pick-up, the rental agent will charge you for a full tank of fuel. The price per litre charged by the rental agent may be higher than the price at the local service station. Fuel charges are payable at the rental counter. There is no refund for unused fuel.
- Pick up full, return full – Your vehicle will be supplied with a full tank of fuel. To avoid incurring fuel charges you will need to return it full. You may be required to leave a fuel deposit reserved on your credit card that will be released when you return the car full. Missing fuel will be charged on your return. Please note that the price per litre charged by the rental agent may be significantly higher than the price at the local service station. Fuel charges are payable at the rental desk unless otherwise stated. This fuel policy may also be referred to as Pick up quarter full, return quarter full or Pick up half full, return half full.
- Pre Purchase Fuel with Partial Refund – Your car will be provided with a full tank of fuel for which you will need to leave a deposit at the rental desk. Upon return of the car, you will be refunded for the unused fuel and charged an admin fee. Please find the fuel admin fee charge in the above paragraph. The admin fee is non-refundable regardless of the amount of fuel upon return. The admin fee may fluctuate depending on the car rental supplier.
We recommend checking the policy details during the booking process under Terms & Conditions to avoid unexpected charges.
12/ Can I get a discount for returning the car earlier?
No, as per our terms and conditions we are unable to provide a refund for the unused days should you return the hired vehicle earlier than originally arranged.
13/ What is your cancellation and no-show policy?
No charge if the booking is cancelled prior to collection. In some cases, supplier levied fees and/or travel agent charges may apply. If a booking is cancelled after collection or is a ‘no-show’, a cancellation fee of AUD110 plus supplier levied fees (if applicable) will be charged.
What is a no-show?
A ‘no-show’ occurs for the following reasons:
1. You didn't inform us about your cancellation prior to your pick-up time.
2. You failed to pick up the car at the arranged time and date.
3. You failed to provide the documentation that’s required to pick up the car.
4. You failed to provide a credit card in the main driver’s name with enough available funds on it.
In the event of any of the above, no refunds will be made to you.
The car rental company reserves the right to refuse a car to any customer who fails to arrive on time with all necessary documentation and a credit card with enough available funds for the car’s security deposit. In such cases, unless the car rental has been cancelled at least 24 hours in advance, the customer will not be entitled to a refund.
14/ Can you please tell me more about the different toll roads in Europe.
There are toll roads throughout Europe and the way they work varies.
- In most countries you pay as you get off toll roads - with the piece of paper obtained when entering the toll road telling the toll booth (either manned or not) where you entered (and when - so take care with your speed as you can get a speeding ticket if you have driven too quickly between toll gates!). Click here for more information.
Note: debit cards are not usually accepted. Plenty of small notes/coins and standard Visa/Mastercard credit cards are recommended - as well as plenty of patience and a sense of humour.
15/ Do I need an International Drivers Permit (IDP)?
An International Drivers Permit (IDP), in conjunction with your Australian driver’s licence, is compulsory in some European countries, and highly recommended in others. For the relatively small cost, compared to the overall cost of your holiday, we recommend that all customers obtain and use an IDP in conjunction with their Australian driver’s licence.